Technical upgrades are made periodically to the Ethereum protocol. Upgrades typically comprise of Core Ethereum Improvement Proposals (EIPs) that have achieved consensus across the Ethereum clients & community.
The Ethereum Cat Herders supports network upgrade activity in a number of ways:
- Organising proposal & upgrades specific community calls
- Documenting client Meetings
- Socialize proposals and build educational resources through the Peep an EIP video series
- Outreaching Ethereum projects & infrastructure providers to weigh-in community sentiments for improvement proposals
- Process improvement and communication
In the section below you can find more information on past and upcoming network upgrades.
The network upgrade progress tracker helps with keeping track of improvement proposals in different phases of network upgrade. Clients' development and integration can be followed on the latest version of the developer's testnet. Read Shedding light on the Ethereum Network Upgrade Process for more informationNetwork Upgrade
Previous Ethereum blockchain upgrades
Frontier Thawing 200000 09/07/2015 read more
Frontier 1 07/30/2015 read more